You’ve heard it said that if you want to accomplish something, write a list. When it comes to learning how to become a registered chiropractor singapore, the same is true. There’s a lot to learn and remember because becoming a chiropractor means you’ll be helping to improve people’s lives by diagnosing and caring for those with musculoskeletal problems and injuries. Before you come on campus, you must approach your education with an open mind and a desire to learn.
Understand The Profession
Chiropractic is a medical profession that specializes in musculoskeletal and nervous system issues. Chiropractic school graduates take a drug-free approach to the treatment.
In addition to chiropractic manual techniques, chiropractors can provide a variety of therapeutic choices.
To improve their patients’ general health, they can propose therapeutic or rehabilitative exercises, posture modifications, and nutritional or lifestyle changes. A chiropractor has a primary goal to ensure the patient’s long-term health and wellness.
Prepare For The Admission
Learning how to be a registered chiropractor singapore will take a lot of effort and dedication, both in terms of your curriculum and the clinical care you’ll deliver.
Plan on having a 3.0 cumulative GPA in college and at least 90 semester hours of undergraduate courses in the following areas for a doctor of chiropractic degree course:
- English/communications for 6 hours
- 3 hours of psychology instruction
- Courses in the humanities and social sciences (12 hours)
- Twenty-four semester hours in the life and physical sciences are required, with half of those courses requiring a significant laboratory component. Biology, anatomy, and physiology are among the life and physical sciences, as are 8 hours of organic chemistry.
- Electives to perform the necessary 90 semester hours.
Chiropractic schools operate on a year-round program, therefore classes are divided into trimesters (3 per year). Chiropractic school can be completed in as little as 3.3 years if students follow a trimester program.
Here are some samples of coursework for trimesters 1 through 3:
- Anatomy of the spine
- Physiology of Cells
- Chiropractic procedures for beginners classes
- Anatomy of the head and neck
- For trimesters 4-6, below are some samples of coursework:
- Physiology laboratory
- Laboratory diagnostics in clinical practice
- More advanced chiropractic treatments
- Radiology of the skeleton
By giving you a clinician’s “white coat,” your chiropractic school honors your expertise in chiropractic knowledge and skills. The white coat denotes a smooth transition from chiropractic learner to chiropractic intern ready to work with patients.